The Dragon Banker's The UAE Retail Banking Report 2016 is a product of extensive research and interviews in the UAE banking industry. It is an outline of where the market is now, who are the major competitors and their market share, and where the challenges and opportunities are for international and domestic banks.
The UAE retail banking industry is one of the most competitive in the Middle East. The local banks are leading in the market, with FGB, UNB, DIB and NBAD leading the market. But international players and smaller local banks are also building their market share in the market. Retail customers in the UAE have high demands, and are seeking top notch services from their banks.
The figures have been verified by our retail banking experts who follow the markets across the Middle East. This report is much needed for any retail banking professional within the UAE and MENA who want to know where they stand in the market, and how they can get ahead.
Table of contents
1. Forward and Introduction
2. The Dragon Banker’s Methodology
3. UAE’s Retail Banking Industry: A Key Market for Foreign Banks
4. Main Domestic & International Regulations Impacting UAE’s Retail Banking Sector
5. The Emerging Role of Social Media and Big Data in UAE Retail Banks
6. The Role of Branches: The Competitive Environment, Opportunities, Trends
7. Mobile Banking: Leaders in the Market and Clients’ Preferences
8. Credit Cards: The next Generational Customer, the Use of Credit Cards and Strategies of
9. Mortgages: The Rise of the UAE's Middle Class, Competitive Landscape,
Opportunities for Banks
10. Overall Competition of banks in UAE’s Retail Market: SWOT Analysis
a. First Gulf Bank
b. National Bank of Abu Dhabi
c. Emirates NBD
d. Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
e. Dubai Islamic Bank
f. Mashreq Bank
G. Key foreign bank