Malaysia offers tremendous opportunities for the private banking industry as a result of not only the substantial growth in the number of HNWI over the past few years, but especially because of the strong forecasted growth in volumes and wealth to 2016.
This report not only provides detailed forecasts on expected HNWI asset allocation of Malaysia’s HNWI and UHNWI to 2022, but also gives the reader the crucial insight necessary to effectively act on those projections. In addition to providing a comprehensive and robust background of Malaysia’s economy, including, uniquely,
detailed analysis of the psychological make up of Malaysia’s HNWI and how the
market has been evolving.
The report dives into the major players of wealth management in Malaysia, their weaknesses, strengths, and strategies. We use interviews with top wealth management decision makers within banks and private firms to acquire this information.
This report provides a deep analysis of the Malaysia Wealth Management and private banking sector, and the opportunities therein. But what really sets the report apart is its analysis and presentation of the demographic trends and findings of The Dragon Banker’s database.
Table of Contents
- About The Dragon Banker
- Forward & Introduction
- The Dragon Banker Methodology
- The HNWI Opportunities in Malaysia
- Regulatory framework across Malaysia’s wealth management industry
- The Psychological and Behavioral Make up of Malaysia’s HNWI individuals
- The Current State of the Wealth Management Market in Malaysia
- Volume, Wealth and Allocation Forecasts to 2020
- Independent market sizing of Malaysia’s HNWI
- Malaysia’s Affluent Class: People With Assets of $100,000 And $1 Million
- Malaysia HNWIs: Asset allocation, growth trends and investment preferences
- Current insights into the Drivers of HNWI Wealth
- Current Competition Amongst Banks for HNWI Clients and SWOT
- Public Bank
- RHB Bank
- Hong Leong Bank
- Affin Bank
- Alliance Bank
- OCBC Bank
- Summary and Final Analysis
- How to Leverage The Dragon Banker for IT firms & Financial Institutions
Reasons to invest in this intelligence
The Wealth Insight HNWI Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading database of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, and we acquire this information through lengthy interviews with heads of private banking, heads of wealth management, senior executives in wealth management within banks in Malaysia. We also acquire data and information from leading scholars within the country, and
a survey that targets decision makers who are relevant in the wealth management market in Malaysia. With the HNWI Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
Who should invest in this report?
The Dragon Banker’s The Wealth Management in Malaysia 2017 report is designed for the following decision makers:
1. International banks who are planning on penetrating Malaysia’s wealth management market.
2. Wealth management IT firms who are attempting to sell their software and hardware to Malaysian banks.
3. Domestic Malaysian banks who are seeking to understand the market on a greater level and benchmark their capabilities with foreign banks and their domestic competitors.
4. Private wealth management firms who are seeking to gain a comprehensive view of Malaysia’s HNWI mindset and the country’s competitive landscape.