Global and domestic private banks are focusing on acquiring new clients in Malaysia, as the country now has more than 26,000 HNWIs that have a total of more than US$160 billion.
As Malaysian HNWI and UHNWi become more sophisticated, they are seeking ways to invest their wealth abroad, along with having expert relationship managers that are not only able to advise them on how to create returns in the long-term, but also provide other key services that global private banks have been doing for years.
This report not only provides detailed forecasts on expected HNWI asset allocation of Malaysia’s HNWI and UHNWI to 2026, but also gives the reader the crucial insight necessary to effectively act on those projections. In addition to providing a comprehensive and robust background of Malaysia’s economy, it also provides a detailed analysis of the psychological make up of Malaysia’s HNWI and how the market has been evolving.
The report also looks into the key strategies of banks, including domestic banks such as Maybank, along with global banks such as Citi Private Bank. Each bank is benchmarked by The Dragon Banker’s analyst from most competitive to the weakest banks. This report is a tool that all relationship managers, private bankers and executives in family offices and private banks need to compete in the Malaysia private banking industry.
Table of Contents
1. About The Dragon Banker
2. Forward & Introduction
3. The Dragon Banker Methodology
4. The HNWI Opportunities in Malaysia
5. Regulatory framework across Malaysia’s wealth management industry
6. The Psychological and Behavioural Make up of Malaysia’s HNWI individuals
7. The Current State of the Wealth Management Market in Malaysia
8. Volume, Wealth and Allocation Forecasts to 2024
9. Independent market sizing of Malaysia’s HNWI
10. Malaysia’s Affluent Class: People With Assets of $100,000 And $1 Million
11. Malaysia HNWIs: Asset allocation, growth trends and investment preferences
12. Current insights into the Drivers of HNWI Wealth
13. Current Competition Amongst Banks for HNWI Clients and SWOT
15. How to Leverage The Dragon Banker for IT firms & Financial Institutions
Banks mentioned in the report:
Hong Leong Bank
UOB Private Bank
Citi Private Bank