With favorable demographics (55% of the population under 30 years old), an abundance of natural resources and the implementation of new political and economic reforms after decades of military rule, Myanmar is now projected to experience a rapid increase in the affluent class and High Net Worth Individuals in the coming years.
This is supported by the notion that Myanmar’s per capita income is expected to increase three-fold by 2030 and the number of Ultra High Net Worth Individuals to increase six-fold during the same period.
This report explores the growth of the affluent class (those with assets of at least $100,000 USD) and HNWI (those with assets of at least $1million USD), the sources of wealth generation and an analysis on how foreign banks that have already entered the market are doing.
This report also provides financial firms who are interested in entering the country, an objective view on the market potential along with the latest regulations in the sector.
Table of Contents
1. The Dragon Banker Wealth Management Methodology
2. The Main Drivers of Wealth Growth for Myanmar’s Affluent Class
3. Myanmar’s Market Sizing of Wealthy People by Asset Size
a. Myanmar’s Population with Assets of $100,000 from 2009-2016
b. A Forecast of Myanmar’s Population with Assets of $100,000 from 2017-2021
c. Myanmar’s Population with Assets of $1,000,000 from 2009-2016
d. A Forecast of Myanmar’s Population with Assets of $1,000,000 from 2017-2021
e. The Total Assets of the Myanmar’s Population of $100,000 from 2009- 2016
f. A Forecast of Total Assets of the Myanmar’s Population of $100,000 from 2017-2021
g. The Total Assets of the Myanmar’s Population with $1,000,000 from 2009-2016
h. A Forecast of the Total Assets of the Myanmar’s Population with $1,000,000 from 2017-2021
4. The Future of Foreign Banks in Myanmar’s Wealth Management Industry
5. The Competition Analysis Between Banks in Wealth Management
6. How to Leverage The Dragon Banker for Banks & IT Firms
Reasons to invest in this intelligence
• All domestic Myanmar banks’ wealth management and private banking departments that want detailed and accurate data on the growth of wealthy affluent and to understand the rate of speed that they are growing.
• Private wealth management firms who are seeking to gain a comprehensive view of the Myanmar’s HNWI mindset and the total assets of the affluent class of $100,000.
• Wealth management firms that are seeking the affluent class in Myanmar and who need accurate data to decide to expand operations in the country.
• Researchers and analysts who are serious about gaining a deeper understanding of the wealth management playing field in Myanmar.
Why The Dragon Banker?
THE DRAGON BANKER is a boutique research and consulting firm on Asian banking, with a specialty in wealth management, asset management, and private
banking. THE DRAGON BANKER has produced cutting edge reports on wealth management in more than 10
Asian countries, and has clients from the majority of Asia’s largest banks and fintech firms. THE DRAGON BANKER’s research reports reflect our analysts’ considered opinions and research of market trends, sizes, and challenges. Inhouse analysts write THE DRAGON BANKER’s research reports with extensive experience at a variety of top global financial services firms, technology vendors, and consultancies.