Singapore’s retail banking industry is one of the most competitive in the world. It boasts more than 110 banks, which many are leveraging international expertise and resources to compete in the market. Singapore’s developed retail banking sector is also highly innovative and customer centric compared to its Asian neighbors and even compared to Western nations with NFC taking off and banks heavily utilizing data analytics to achieve a holistic view of their clients. What is next for Singaporean banks? Where is the retail industry going? We attempt to answer these questions. We see this as an opportune moment to write this report that outlines the current trends and forecast the future of Singapore’s retail banking industry.
This report not only provides data about Singapore’s retail banking sector, but it also includes a sophisticated analysis on the statistics, which adds an accurate story and meaning behind the numbers.
This report outlines major trends, challenges, and opportunities about Singapore’s credit card market;
debit card competition, the role of branches in Singapore, the mortgage market, the wealth management landscape, the development of mobile banking, in addition to showcasing the strategies and weaknesses of the banks’ strategies. This report is an indispensable tool for any banker in Singapore, technology vender, or researcher who requires the latest analysis and data on the Singaporean retail-banking sector.
Table of Contents
1. Forward and Introduction
2. The Dragon Banker Methodology
3. The Role of Branches: The Competitive Environment, Opportunities,
4. The ATM Market in Singapore: The Battle for Access to Clients
5. Mobile Banking: Leaders in the Market and Clients’ Preferences
6. Credit Cards: The next Generational Customer, the Use of Credit
Strategies of Singaporean Banks
7. Retail Lending Market Share in Singapore and Strategies of Major
8. Debit Cards in Singapore: The Competition for More Wallet Share
9. Mortgages: Competitive Landscape & Market Share
10. Overall Competition of Banks in Singapore’s Retail Market: SWOT
e. Standard Chartered
11. How to Leverage The Dragon Banker for Banks and Technology
Why The Dragon Banker?
THE DRAGON BANKER is a boutique research and consulting firm on Asian banking, with a specialty in wealth management, asset management, and retail banking. THE DRAGON BANKER has produced cutting edge reports on wealth management in more than 10 Asian countries, and has clients from the majority of Asia’s largest banks and fintech firms. THE DRAGON BANKER’s
research reports reflect our analysts’ considered opinions and research of market trends, sizes, and challenges. In-house analysts write THE DRAGON BANKER’s research reports with extensive experience at a variety of top global financial services firms, technology vendors, and consultancies.