As Indonesia’s economy continues to boom, the country’s retail banking sector is also becoming more competitive and developed. Indonesian banks are becoming more customer-centric, and foreign banks are bringing a plethora of technological expertise and international resources to the market. Affluent clients are seeking specialized services, and banks are fiercely competing for their wallet share. Social media, customer service, and big data are playing larger roles in Indonesian retail banks’ strategies.
This report comprehensively evaluates Indonesia’s retail banking sector. At least two to three bankers in Indonesia’s top five banks were interviewed for this report to identify main trends in the industry, strategies of competitors, and opportunities for banks to expand their market share. Over 250 Indonesian retail-banking customers were interviewed to identify their preferences in investments, retail banking, and customer service.
Table of Contents
Forward and Introduction
2. The Dragon Banker’s Methodology
3. Indonesia’s Retail Banking Industry: A Key Market for Foreign Banks
4. Main Domestic & International Regulations Impacting Indonesia’s Retail Banking Sector
5. The Emerging Role of Social Media and Big Data in Indonesian Retail Banks 6. The Role of Branches: The Competitive Environment, Opportunities, Trends 7. The ATM Market in Indonesia: The Battle for Access to Clients and Vender Market Leaders
8. Mobile Banking: Leaders in the Market and Clients’ Preferences
9. Credit Cards: The next Generational Customer, the Use of Credit Cards and Strategies of Indonesian Banks
10. Retail Lending Market Share in Indonesia and Strategies of Major Players 11. Debit Cards in Indonesia: The Competition for More Wallet Share
12. Mortgages: The Rise of the Indonesian Middle Class, Competitive Landscape, Opportunities for Banks
13. The Current State of the Wealth Management Market in Indonesia
14. The Psychological Makeup of Indonesia HNWI
15. Independent Market Sizing of Indonesia HNWI 16. Current Insights into the Drivers of HNWI Clients
17.Overall Competition of banks in Indonesia’s Retail Market: SWOT Analysis Bank Mandiri
Who should invest in this report?
This report is designed for the following decision makers:
International banks that are planning on penetrating the Indonesia’s retail banking industry. Technology vendors who are interested in understanding the main technologies being utilized in Indonesian banks to gain an advantage in negotiations.
Domestic Indonesian banks who are seeking to understand the market on a greater level and benchmark their capabilities with foreign banks and their domestic competitors. Private wealth management firms who are seeking to gain a comprehensive view of the Indonesia’s HNWI mindset and the country’s competitive landscape.
Regulators who are seeking a non-biased, third perspective on how regulations are effecting Indonesia’s retail banking industry.
Insurance companies, wealth management firms, and private bankers who are working in the Singapore market and seeking to further understand the demand of their services and the current state of competition in Indonesia.